DENTAL EMERGENCY CARE IN OAKVILLE
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call our Oakville dental office immediately at (905) 827-0301.
Here are a few guidelines you can follow to ensure that you get the right treatment in the event of a dental emergency. Our Oakville dentist, Dr. Rosenblat, understand the importance of dental emergencies, and are here to assist whenever you're in need.
The following cases require emergency dental care and here is what you should do in the meantime:
- Lost teeth can sometimes be replaced. Place the lost tooth in its socket or in a glass of milk and get to the dentist within 30 minutes to give the dentist a better chance of re-implanting it.
- If you break or chip a tooth, save the chip. Your dentist may be able to use it to repair your tooth.
- Do not remove broken brace wires yourself. Leave that job to your dentist.
The following cases, although not urgent, do require attention:
- Swelling and pain, which could be signs of an infection
- Loose teeth and bleeding gums, which may be signs of disease
- Lost fillings
- Early loss of primary teeth in children, which may require a spacer
If you have any of these emergency dental symptoms, please contact our Oakville dentist office to schedule an appointment. Early detection is the best way to prevent small problems from becoming big ones.